Your home is likely one of your biggest investments. Taking care of it properly is essential. The chores and tasks necessary to maintain a home throughout the year can seem daunting, but they’re easier if broken down into seasonal duties.
Even if you don’t have the time or physical ability to tackle these must-dos yourself, refer to our home maintenance checklist below when you hire handymen.
At the start of spring, many homeowners are eager to do a little cleaning. This season is the perfect time to empty closets, wax floors, give carpets a deep shampoo and more.
Here are some good spring cleaning actions you can take to care for your home:
- Give the grounds an overhaul. Start cleaning by
- raking up leaves
- turning outside faucets on if you’ve turned them off for winter
- inspecting trees for illness or dead branches
- re-seeding your lawn
- planting perennials
- Tend to your home’s exterior by
- looking for and filling cracks in concrete
- fixing broken rain gutters
- giving your home a power wash
- touching up paint
- cleaning windows
- repairing patios and decks
- treating pool water
- Look after the inside of your home by
- inspecting HVAC systems
- draining your boiler
- giving plumbing a once-over
- checking your chimney
- replacing batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors