Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style. Below are fun activities, crafts, and recipes you can use to for a fiesta to remember.
Let’s Taco Bout Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Don’t have any tortillas? These homemade flour tortillas are calling your name and easy to make using just a few ingredients you can find in your pantry. All you need is all-purpose flour, salt, water, and vegetable oil. There’s nothing better than a fresh–made tortilla hugging all your ingredients together.
- Uncover these lip-smacking recipes perfect for Cinco de Mayo. Can someone pass the guacamole… and the margarita cupcakes… and the flank fajita burritos?
- These easy-to-make yet creative and clever desserts are sure to leave your guests happy and plenty of people asking for your recipes.
- Shake it up with these maraca cookies.
- Let’s taco bout these spicy and scrumptious taco cookies.
- Sip on these burnt orange Anejo sour cocktails. This mash-up between a margarita and a whiskey sour is top-notch deliciousness.
Cinco de Mayo Craft Ideas
- Shake, shake, shake your maracas! Take plastic eggs and fill them with rice or beans. Place the eggs between the heads of two spoons and tape it in place. You can also wrap the spoons and egg in tinfoil and tape the outside for a smoother finish. Then just shake, shake, shake. Another option would be to fill empty water bottles with beans or rice and paint the outside with festive colors.
- Create beautiful and vibrant tissue paper art that will brighten up your festivities. Let your creativity bloom with these beautiful paper flowers.
- Get your hands in clay! Create clay pots by rolling your clay into a long rope and then starting at the bottom, coiling the rope around into the shape of a pot. Use quick-drying clay and once the clay is dry, paint it with vibrant colors.
- No piñata, no problem. Learn how to craft your very own DIY piñata.
- Make your very own beautiful paper flower headbands. Simply wrap a headband with green ribbon or pipe cleaners and then glue your paper flowers to the top of the band.
- Get planting! Clean empty cans in order to paint and decorate them as planters. If you don’t have paint, wrap the outside of the cans with ribbon or colorful yarn. Fill the cans with the vibrant paper flowers you made to brighten up the room.
- Discover tons of bright and fun Cinco de Mayo crafts that are perfect for kids. Make cute cacti out of socks or vibrant yarn banners to hang around your home.
Cinco de Mayo Activities
These ideas will help you throw a high-color, low-stress gathering filled with authentic fun.
- Become the hostess with the mostess and check out these ideas for an outdoor Cinco de Mayo celebration.
- It’s important to celebrate Cinco de Mayo respectfully. Read about the traditional Mexican holiday with a fascinating history.
- The largest Cinco de Mayo celebration takes place in the city of Puebla, where the original battle took place. There are parades with dancing, singing, and re-enactments. Discover the beautiful traditional flowing dressings and traditional Mexican pantsuits.
- Share these Cinco de Mayo fun facts with your kids.
- Host a virtual happy hour with friends and family. Stir up some fun with these delicious cocktails.